Thursday, February 17

Myth Busters... the Interior Design Version

My dear friend asked me about photo arranging, so I decided to blog about it.
Most people think it's an interior design rule to have matching frames in an arrangement.
MYTH!
Yes, that's right!
I said it! (Or wrote it, I suppose.)

You can create whatever arrangement you want -
believe me, I've seen some "interesting" arrangements.

Some really like symmetry:
although at first glance, you might not even notice the symmetry above.
Courtesy: Pottery Barn

Then we've got more eclectic:
Courtesy: Pottery Barn

and matchy (yes, I know it's not a word):
Courtesy: Pottery Barn

At this point in my search, I got a little side-tracked.
Time has slipped away from me, and my husband will be home in about 45 minutes.
Do you know what that means?
I need to clean up my "chest of drawers project" and think about din-din.
Literally the entire chest is sprawled out in the kitchen and laundry room
as the drawers are drying. I can maneuver around my supplies, but cooking dinner
would be a challenge.

So for now, here's my advice:

1. Gather the frames you want to use for one wall.
2. Place them on the floor in different arrangements.
3. Hang your favorite arrangement on the wall.
4. Enjoy a chocolate-covered strawberry as a reward for your hard work.

Now you'll see my sidetrackness:

Isn't this a fun idea?
A clothespin was inserted into the frame.
For the full story, click on the link: Lemon Tree Creations


Then take a look at this unique idea:


I happen to be a fan of empty frame arrangements:


Okay you ready for the bing bang?
CoRnEr FrAmEs!!!
Courtesy: Freshome

And who needs a bookshelf when you have bookframes???
Courtesy: Freshome
Pin It!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...